Welcome to the Horace J. Inman Senior Center! Normal hours of operation are Monday – Friday 9 am to 2 pm. Please stay safe!
The Horace J. Inman Senior Center, Inc., is a not-for-profit agency serving the seniors of Montgomery County and beyond.
Incorporated in 1986, the Center offers a variety of programs and services to allow today’s seniors to maintain community engagement while living healthy, active and more independent lifestyles.
Additionally, we offer inviting reception hall space for Amsterdam, NY community members of all ages to celebrate the milestones of their lives.
Clubs that meet regularly are:
- The Book Club (Last Thursday of the Month)
- Elwood Nature Club (Third Thursday of the Month)
- Wood Carvers Association (Thursdays)
Regularly scheduled Programs include:
- Exercise (Tuesday morning and every other Friday morning)
- Hiking (every other Friday morning)
- Yoga Stretch (Wednesday morning)
- Zumba (Thursday morning)
- Pickle Ball
- Bocce (Fridays in the summer)
- Wii Bowling (Fridays in the winter)
- Pinochle (Thursday afternoon)
- Mah Jong (Tuesday afternoon)
- Tai Chi
- Crocheting & Quilting
- Take-out Dinners
- Holiday Parties
Additionally, we offer:
- Bus Trips
- Licensed BINGO with cash prizes, Wednesday’s at 1:45 pm
- Oil painting classes
- Defensive Drivers Safety Course
- AARP Income Tax preparation and e-Filing
- Low cost lunches
We are open five days each week, with some special events on weekends and evenings. Why not come in and see what our community has to offer you?
Then you’ll know why the Inman Center is Amsterdam’s ‘IN’ place to be!